Head of Commercial and Marketing
Our client, Connacht Rugby has experienced significant growth both on and off the pitch over recent years and is about to enter the next exciting phase of its journey and now wishes to appoint a Head of Commercial and Marketing.
With the continued growth of the Connacht Rugby brand and the planned development of a new “fit for purpose stadium” the opportunity exists to develop and drive a new commercial and marketing strategy through this “transformational” stage of growth.
Understanding the current business context of Connacht Rugby is obviously important but we are looking for people and opportunities that lie beyond the obvious. In that regard a background in sports marketing may be useful but by no means essential.
The Role - Key Objective
The successful candidate will be responsible for all commercial, marketing and revenue generating activities and will lead the Commercial and Marketing team to develop and implement operational and strategic activities including the following key deliverables:
- Develop actionable insights grounded in well researched consumer knowledge to pursue growth strategies across all revenue-driving assets, including ticketing, partnerships, events and more.
- Define an appropriate product strategy and roadmap for all current and new revenue lines, understanding the full journey from need, to concept ideation and ultimately execution.
Brand, Marketing & Communications
- Development of Connacht Rugby’s Marketing Strategy, leveraging data-driven insights to expand brand reach, create sales and achieve overall business growth objectives.
- Develop a robust social/content strategy to target and engage prospects at the top of the funnel and continue to nurture and convert them into fully engaged fans.
- Translate Connacht Rugby experiences into simple, creative, and impactful stories that resonate with fans and partners alike.
Data & Digital
- Continue to build out the Connacht Rugby Data Strategy enabling greater utilisation of data and trends to inform and direct strategies that continuously improve overall performance.
- Create a data-driven product culture that emphasises continuous testing, experimentation, iterative design and development.
Reporting to the CEO, the role requires an experienced, strategic thought-leader and problem-solver with a proven ability to use data driven insights to help see the big picture and propose creative and innovative solutions to complex growth and marketing challenges.
To be the successful candidate it is essential that you:
- Are a strategic and commercial-minded executive with demonstrable experience of successfully leading a team through a period of transformational and new revenue growth.
- Have 7+ years of experience in building impactful commercial and marketing strategies in both B2C and B2B contexts.
- Possess strong analytical skills, with the ability to use data to power decision-making.
- Have experience building a high-performing, cross-functional team culture where discovery and exploration of new ideas are viewed as vital to success.
- Are digitally savvy with a strong understanding of the digital landscape and the ability to constantly stay ahead of the competition.
- Can demonstrate success at building strong relationships and operating effectively as a member of a senior leadership team.
- Are experienced at managing a P&L and have sound financial acumen.
- Hold a relevant degree or professional qualification.
This role, based in Galway, offers the successful candidate an opportunity to lead through a period of transformative growth and be a key member of an ambitious senior leadership team focussed on delivering continued success for Connacht Rugby.
How to Apply:
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forward a Curriculum Vitae (in confidence) with a covering letter supporting your application to
This role will be offered on a 3 year contract basis.
Closing date for applications is Friday 5th March 2021
Email: email@example.com - Phone + 353 1 640 1971